Sunday, January 22, 2006

As old as you look


woowoo1
Originally uploaded by Casey Willis.
Inspired by Meiyuun, I decided to take some pictures of a down (but not out) stuffed animal. His name is Woo-Woo ( which is onomatopoetic, for that is the sound a dog makes to a very young me).

Woo-Woo was given to me at 6 months old by a friend of my Mother's. So, on Jan. 25th (my birthday) Woo-Woo will turn an ancient 31 and 1/2 years old.

He's had multiple surgeries and needs many more. Unfortunately, I don't know how to sew. My sister promised to repair him but that was years ago. My mom used to be his chief surgeon.

Woo-Woo has been through a lot. When I was younger and would get frustrated I would sometimes punch him. I have since apologized and Woo-Woo forgave me. He has truly been there for me, always. He's a rock.

Woo-Woo doesn't live with me in my basement apartment. I'm afraid his fragile fur and mesh couldn't take the humidity. Instead, Woo-Woo lives in my old bedroom at my family's house, guarding it with his vigilant red eyes. In case he ever forgets I just want to say, Woo-Woo, I love you.


Check out Woo-Woo's flickr set. (Warning: some photos not for the squeamish)

4 comments:

cdubthebabyshooter said...

It only took someone ten minutes to call this post gay. Clunky must have smelled blood in the water.

Andy Hunter said...

Well, I think that the dog is cute. However, I have to admit that those red eyes are creepy. He would be cute until I turned out the lights, and then at six years old I would be imagining huge teeth and evil snickering. In fact, I think I know this dog from my childhood nightmares!

On second thought, maybe this is more about me than your dog. Sorry to bother you.

MeiyunnChung said...

Cute woo woo. I had 1 toy who's age is almost the same as mine, too. I have a lot of toys, so if one is broken, I will repair it and not to play it very often. :) So, I live in a toy world, now. ha ha ha~~~

ablebody said...

when will your family realize your not dead and allow someone else to live in that room?